A Visa is required for travellers
- who are not citizens of the ECOWAS countries, South Korea.
- who arrive on a private aircraft or boat.
- who intend to accept paid or unpaid employment in Liberia, this also applies to journalists.
- who have a diplomatic or official status and who are travelling to Liberia on an official mission
- who wish to immigrate to Liberia.
Types of Visa
There will be two types of visa issued. See below for more details.
Note: Visa fees are Non-refundable.
Citizens of the United States of America: Up to 1 year Visa- 150,00€ Express: 200,00€
Other Nationals Below:
|Single Entry||Up to 3 months||75 €||125 €|
|Multiple Journey||1 year||150 €||200 €|
|Multiple Journey||2 years||300 €||350 €|
Categories of visas
The Embassy of the Republic of Liberia presents its compliments to the Federal Foreign Office and to all Diplomatic Missions accredited to the Federal Republic of Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria and Finland, and has the honour to inform that effective March 1st 2008, the requirements for obtaining an entry visa to the Republic of Liberia are as follows:
- A valid Passport with a minimum of 6 Months validity.
- A completed visa application form (in addition, a verbal note for Diplomatic Passports).
- One passport-size photograph.
- A letter of invitation, or proof of sponsorship, or a recent bank statement to show evidence of financial status.
- An international Certificate of Yellow fever and other vaccination is required.
- A Medical Insurance coverage for the duration of stay in Liberia.
- All applicants will be subject to interview and may be required to appear in person. Only applicants outside of Germany will be considered for Telephone interview.
- Applicants should ensure that travel arrangements are made only after the visa has been granted. The Liberian Embassy declines all responsibility for losses incurred should the visa be denied.
Processing of visas may take between 5-7 working days!!!
Return Visas by post:
Visa applications by post should include a registered self-addressed envelope with adequate amount of postage stamps for return postage. Applicants residing outside of Germany are required to deposit additional €15,00 (fifteen euros) to our Consular account to cover postage by registered mail. Please do not send cash when submitting your visa application.
Applicants can also arrange return mail by courier services.New Banking Details: Account Holder : Embassy of the Republic of Liberia Bank Name : Deutsche Bank AG Account Number: 059053901 Bank Code : 38070059 Branch Number : 414 IBAN : DE79380700590059053901 BIC/ SWIFT : DEUTDEDK380